Dr. Rena Vakay
Dr. Rena Vakay received her doctor of dental surgery degree at Georgetown University Dental School in Washington, D.C. in 1982. Upon completion of her dental degree, Dr. Vakay continued her education at the L.D. Pankey Institute in Florida and at The Kois Center in Seattle, Washington. Dr. Vakay has achieved Clinical Instructor status at the Kois Center. She also has achieved fellowship status in the Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Vakay achieved the prestigious Accredited Status in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry in 1992. She is only one of 5 dentists that are fully accredited in the state of Virginia.
Dr. Vakay served 3 years on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) and is past- President of their local chapter. Dr. Vakay also served as Chairman and on the Board of Directors of the Association of Contemporary Dental Education for 2 years. Dr. Vakay has served as Program Chairman for the Northern Virginia Dental Society. She received the Media Award for Excellence when she served as Public Information Officer of Virginia for the Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Vakay is often voted among the Top Dentists in the Washington, D.C. area by Washingtonian Magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine, and Virginia Living Magazine. She was also voted into "The Best Dentists in America" and is listed in the "Who's Who in Executives and Professionals". She shares her knowledge and love of dentistry in her lectures throughout the United States and has published several peer- reviewed dental articles.
Dr. Vakay is the official "Miss Arlington" pageant dentist. Her clientele have included numerous Miss Arlingtons, Miss Virginias, and one Miss America. https://www.missarlington.com/sponsors-donors
Dr. Vakay has two, 5-star dental practices in Northern Virginia including Promenade :
Centreville Dental Wellness Center
14245 F Centreville Square
Centreville, VA. 20121
Community Service and Supported Charities
- The Ryan Lopynski Big Heart Foundation- Board Member 2012-2021
- National Museum of Women in the Arts-2021
- Life with Cancer 2011-2017
- MOM_Medical Mission of Mercy - Philippines- 2013
- MOM_Medical Mission of Mercy-2013-2015 support
- George Mason Arts Board-2010-2013
- SafeSpot-children's Advocacy Center of Fairfax county 2015-2019
- Wounded Warriors - 2015-2021
- Purple Heart- 2013-2021
- Operation Renewed Hope Foundation-2015
- Asaph Dance Ensemble- 2019-2021
Dr. Vakay is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Virginia Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
- Kois Center
- The American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- Co-Chair of the Northern Virginia Kois Study Club-2013/2014
- Greater Loundoun Study Club/Seattle Study Club 2016-2019
- Wellness Dentistry Network 2017-2021
Honors and Awards
- 1989: Academy of General Dentistry - Media Award for Excellence
- 1992: Academy of General Dentistry- Fellowship Award
- 1992: Accredited in the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- 1997: Top Dentist in the Washington, D.C. area by Washingtonian Magazine
- 1999: Distinguished Mentor – Creating Restorative Excellence/the Kois Center
- 2003: Top Dentist in the Washington, D.C. area by Washingtonian Magazine
- 2004-2005: The Best Dentists in America
- 2005-2006: America's Top Dentist,"Restorative Dentistry" (Consumers Research Council of America) Who's Who in Executives and Professionals
- 2006: Clinical Instructor status-The Kois Center
- 2007-2009: Editor-in-Chief, Kois Journal of Excellence
- 2009-2012: Editorial Board , Kois Journal
- 2011: Top Dentist in the Washington, DC area by Washingtonian Magazine
- 2012: Northern Virginia Magazine- Top Dentist for Cosmetic Dentistry
- 2014: Northern Virginia Magazine- Top Dentist
- 2015: Northern Virginia Magazine- Top Dentist
- 2016: Northern Virginia Magazine-Top Dentist
- 2017: Northern Virginia Magazine-Top Dentist
- 2021: Virginia Living Magazine- Top Dentists
- 1988: Cable Television Interview- Washington, D.C.
- 1989: Channel Television Interview- Washington D.C.- Prime time News
- 1996: "Smart Women Launch New Smart Woman TV News Series"
- 2000: Relationship of the Periodontium to Impression Procedures. Vakay, RT and Kois, JC. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2000, 21:684-688.
- 2005: Universal Paradigms for Predictable Final Impressions. Vakay, RT and Kois, JC. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2005 Mar; 26(3): 199-209. Impressive Results. Vakay, RT. Woman Dentist Journal. 2005, Jul. 28,30,32,34
- 2007-2009: Journal of Excellence; Editor in Chief-first issue July 20, 2007
- 2009-2012: The Journal of Excellence- Editorial Board
- 2010-2018: Compendium- Editorial Board
- 2015: Composite Restorations: Wheels of Progress Continue to Turn. Vakay, RT. Compend 2015, 36 (6): 442-443.
- 2020: What are the Keys to Managing the Ginigval Margins for Esthetic Implant Crowns< Compend RoundTable with Drs. Mahn and Leopardi
- 2019- 2021: Compendium- Section Editor- Restorative
Dr. Geovanny Balderas
Dr. Geovanny Balderas received his Bachelors of Science in Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercises from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, VA in 2014. He then earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree at The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia, PA in 2019, graduating with distinctive honors in community oral health.
While earning his dental degree, Dr. Balderas served the community as an expanded functions dental auxiliary at the Philadelphia FIGHT Community Health Centers. He gained hands-on experience in placing composite and amalgam restorations, performing deep cleanings, and serving as an assistant for general dentists. Additionally, Dr. Balderas provided culturally competent care to patients with HIV and other underrepresented/underserved populations in the Philadelphia community.
After completing his dental degree, Dr. Balderas began working as an associate general dentist at two practices in the Philadelphia/Southern New Jersey Region. At one of these practices, Dr. Balderas served as the solo lead provider in the office providing a variety of periodontics, restorative (composites and full-coverage crowns), prosthodontic, endodontic, and emergency care to patients.
Dr. Balderas is passionate about patient education and oral health from a whole-body perspective and delivering high-quality care. He is a proud member of the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Hispanic Dental Association, Northern Virginia Dental Society, and Virginia Dental Association.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and if we can be of service, or if you would like to request an appointment, please contact us by email.
Patient Care Coordinator